Sunday, May 11, 2008

Many Happy Returns of the Day!

Happy Mother's Day! Mom and I never made it to that hike, but we did have a wonderful day all the same. We took our time making brunch - eggs, potatoes cooked with smoked sausage, banana muffins, fruit, and champagne cocktails. We laughed a lot and sat on the patio underneath my new umbrella. It was my Mother's Day gift to myself. Mom brought me some flowers and I had some for her, as well. She gave me two geraniums - white and deep pink. I gave her a pot of little orange flowers - they look like a tiny petunia.

Mom is talking to my sister on the phone here. Robin, my sister, had surgery on her foot friday and she is having a hard time. I love my sister. It's hard to think of her in pain. She's such a wonderful person - the most generous woman that I know. Mom is pretty cool, too. She's dead-heading my flowers while talking. She took Ornamental Horticulture in school, so every time she visits, she goes to work on my plants. They love the attention.
We made some great drinks today. We started with champagne. Then, we added oranges. Then, strawberries and blackberries. Finally, I got out the cranberry juice. Not a bad combo in the bunch. Yum. Sarah tried the fruit combo, but she drank it Sprite, not champagne. It looks like she likes it.
This is the final picture of the day. I'd say these two are equally crazy about each other. I can't wait to send this one to Mom. It was a perfect day.

2 comments:

Homemom3 said...

oh lovely time and that last picture is just priceless. That deserves a nice black frame. :)

Askew To You said...

I hope your day got better, Eliza. How are you?