Sunday, May 18, 2008

Brad's Birthday

Yesterday was a perfect family day. We have a few May birthdays - my brother Brad Sr., my daughter, Sarah, and my nephew, Brad Jr. Yesterday we celebrated little Brad's day. This was an opportunity for my family and my sister-in-law Shawna's family to get to know each other. Which we sort of did. We've known them for years, we just haven't spoken very much. They are very nice people. It's not easy for me to get Max places, so I usually have everyone over here. I've never invited Shawna's family, but I think that is what I will do next time. I wonder what they are doing for the 4th of July? Anyway, on to the party..............Shawna made the cutest Diego cake. It tasted pretty good, too. Brad got some great presents - Diego was a theme - he received this Diego to the Rescue type kit, pretty cool, as well as these two Dinosaurs that move and make "roar" sounds, he got a lot of outfits, and Matchbox cars. I think he was very pleased. I got him a sprinkler toy, which worked out well for pictures. Almost everybody spent at least a little time in the water, it was so hot outside. There's Sarah above and my niece, Ashlee below.
The birthday boy was so busy, I tried to catch him all day. Here he is for a split second.
I caught the Brads relaxing for a minute. I love seeing my brother's tan hands against his boy's little white arms. He has this ivory complexion with super rosy cheeks - such a beautiful boy. Something about the way they are here, I really love these boys.
Shawna was very busy, you know how it goes when you are hosting a party. It was such a lovely day. I can't wait to spend time with them again. This was my last shot of the day. Look at that face. He's enchanting.


No comments: