Monday, May 5, 2008

I'm A Firebug

Part of cleaning my room requires getting rid of mass amounts of junk mail. It fills my mailbox and then my home in a never-ending stream of crap I don't need. Sarah sat down with me and we pulled each pre-approved offer apart, to better allow my shredder to eat it up. Unfortunately, the shredder quit about halfway through.

I decided to burn the rest. I took it outside and loaded it into my portable chimney/bbq/fire pit thingy. Apparently, I am still the same firebug that I was at 15, because I realized all over again that burning stuff is fun! As you can see from the photo, it got a wee bit smokey. I hope my neighbors don't hate me.
Sarah sat by me and bounced her bouncy ball. I tried to shoot the ball in mid-air, but it was hard. This is as close as I got. See how big the tomato is getting - it's right beside her. I can't wait to eat some fresh tomatoes.
Also getting bigger - the seeds that Sarah and I planted are growing. Here we have Cosmos on the left, then sunflowers, and finally pumpkins. Yesterday we planted some more seeds with Ellie and Karlee. This time we planted zuchini, marigolds, and I pulled off some geraniums to stuff into the dirt. Did you know that you could start new geraniums in this way? Well, you can. Pretty cool, don't you think?

No comments: