Saturday, May 10, 2008

Hiking For Mother's Day

Mom mentioned wanting to take a hike tomorrow. There are two places that I love to hike. One is up this lava rock trail, but it's the same spot that Mom broke her leg, so in order to avoid bad memories. I think we will go along here. S and I made the same hike last August. It was on my Best Day, something I talked about last month. We hiked up to get some rock to use for hot stone massages. The rock you see is Basalt. It's a lovely smooth, black rock. This path is Upper Bidwell Park, along the creek. That water is cold. Really, really cold.
These pictures are from a hike that Sarah and I took last June. We got to the top and there were these two guys, guys my age, smoking pot. We came around and there they were. I figured that if I acted like it was no big deal, that Sarah wouldn't have any idea what she was looking at. So I did and I was right. It was nothing.
Okay, I've got a phone call. So I'll make this quick. This is Sarah and I writing in our journals at the top of the damn.

3 comments:

Andromeda Jazmon said...

This looks like a wonderful place! Happy Mother's Day!

Homemom3 said...

wow such a beautiful place and so peaceful. Happy Mother's Day

Marcie said...

What a wonderful way to spend Mother's Day!!!!
Wishing you a happy one!!!!