Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Pictures On the Patio

Originally, I had planned to have these photos on my first post, but I've only been with blogger.com for a short time and I'm still figuring out how it works. I am hopeful that I have a better handle on it now. This first photo is a view from my chair, toward the little table. This next view is from the same chair, but facing toward the front walk area. See how lovely my Japanese Maple looks right now? By mid-July it will look completely different. It gets so hot on this patio, that you can't touch the front doorknob without burning your hand in late afternoon. I hope to figure out a kinder spot for my tree this year, but it's hard when you live in a place that sees so much foot traffic. Last year someone walked off with a small Redwood tree, a rose bush, and another large mixed color flowerpot. I was pissed!
This the view behind the chair - my perch for the previous two pictures. The little tree here is only beginning to bud. It is from a cutting that my Grandma Artie gave me. She had trees like this lining the small creek that ran in front of her place. Well, okay, it was in reality an irrigation ditch, but it was lovely - trees, grasses, and flowers grew alongside and her walkway made a bridge over the top. My sister and I used to float our Barbies down the ditch/creek. Fun.
Here is one of my attempts to use a pyrex pan as a "lense". I was just goofing around. I like the distortion.
Another shot. This one has almost a fish-eye look. My daughter is really going to think I'm goofy for including these. She's a much better photographer than I am.

That's it - good day to you!

No comments: