Thursday, April 10, 2008

I Want To Ride My Bicycle

Today I bought a new bike. Yay!

I have been looking for some time, but I'm super thrifty (cheap) and I wanted to get a good deal. I ride a few times a week and my old bike would no longer shift into any other gears. My new bike was a return and it had some scratches and peeling stickers, so I got it for $60 off. It's pretty, even with the scratches.
I couldn't wait to hit the road, so I took it right out and headed to the bike trail by my house. The weather was beautiful today - in the 70s.
The bike trail follows along the back of the school where I work. I always look for my daughter as I drive by. It has some little roll-y hills and curves.
The trail follows close to a seasonal creek. This bridge crosses the creek - it leads from the trail to the jr high, which is behind these apartments. I love bridges. I will show you my favorite one soon - maybe tomorrow. My daughters are certain that they've seen fairies down below it.
I saw these wildflowers along the way. Pretty. It was definitely a great way to start the day.

No comments: