Monday, April 14, 2008

Just Another Manic Monday.....Wish It Were Sunday

This morning, Sarah climbed into bed with me right before my alarm went off. She told me that she'd had a horrible dream. I hugged her to me - she smelled good, like shampoo. Then, she told me that she was worried that S was hurt or sick somewhere and that was why he had not called us in so long. It hurt my heart to hear her say that. No, I told her, if he was hurt, someone would let us know. I asked if she thought about him a lot and she said that she tried not to, because it hurt too much. How do I explain him to her when I do not understand what is going on myself? I know that this man loved my family. What happened?

I can't decide if it was a mistake to let him get to know my children. I hate how they are hurt by his silence, but I know that they benefited from the experience of knowing him. He made them laugh, he made them feel special, he made them feel loved, and now he makes them feel worried. I have some idea how they feel, because he made me feel the same things, but the kids, they are so new and fresh and this heartbreak is so unnecessary. There's a right way and a wrong way to do things, even unpleasant things, and what he's doing, for whatever reason, I think that it is the wrong way.

Sarah is loyal and loving to the extreme. Look at the old shoes she refuses to throw out in favor of her new ones.......
I took some pictures at work today. I wanted to capture some of the interesting angles that are present in the architecture, but I need a better camera. And a steadier hand. I bid on two cameras on eBay, but I was very quickly outbid.
It's official - Deacon can tie his shoes!! Yea!! Here he is, in the act. He's got some skills! I cannot even estimate the amount of times that I have tied this boys shoes. Now he won't need me anymore...... well, at least until it's time to open his chocolate milk, he may need me to help with that.
When I was shooting kid-feet, Robert, a 1st grade friend of mine said, "Take my picture, take my picture!" I tried to explain to him that I did not have his parent's permission, so I was only taking pictures of feet today. Then, he posed in this Big Boy manly pose and I could not resist.
How cute is that?!

No comments: