Friday, August 22, 2008

Never Too Old To Learn and Grow

For the past two days, I've been able to grab Bay after work and head down to the creek for an hour. We spend that time floating and talking and relaxing. It's wonderful - a blissful little break from the busy day. The first day we took Kimm and the girls made the comment that heck, they could have been doing that all Summer. (Okay, the "heck" was all me). I agreed and explained (again - I'm always making this particular point) that having fun doesn't have to cost anything.

That's my mom, Sandy, and Trinity, my niece, who regular readers are probably familiar with already. Do I have any regular readers? Leah, I think that would be you. :D When Leah met Trin in person, she said, "Hi, Trinity," without me introducing her and Trin looked so shocked - how does this lady know me? Pretty funny.
The day we took Kimm with us to the creek, I got to thinking about the girls and how today girls don't seem to be as focused on boys as me and my friends were. I think that this is a good thing and it took me a long time and a whole lot of pain to learn that my life has meaning even when there is not a man in it. I wrote about it over at Dating Dames. You can see it, and my lovely daughter, Bay, here http://www.datingdames.com/lesson-learned-from-my-daughter/

2 comments:

Homemom3 said...

Love that last photo. BTW your creek looks so peaceful, I wish I lived near one. We have a lake nearby but have yet to get down there. I'd really like to show the kids what it is like to just lay on a raft and float. :) You are definitely giving these girls some lasting memories. Oh and on the young girls and boys I think they start at 8 and quit thinking of them by 10 lol. BalletGirl is in the Oooh boys, I like, such and such stage. :)

Askew To You said...

I thought that I commented on this yesterday. Sorry! I think my connection is messing up the stuff I'm trying to send.

The creek is a wonderful place. So relaxing. I hope that you make it to the lake soon.