Thursday, August 14, 2008

I Want To Be Like Trinity When I Grow Up

Trinity is the star of my blog today. She is a bold, charismatic, confident, talented, beautiful, young lady, and I miss her.

I'm not sure if I've shared these photos of her before. Here's something funny, when my friend, Leah, arrived to take me out to dinner last Saturday, she said, "Hi Trinity!" and Trin was so shocked. How did this new lady know her name?? Well, Leah has been patient enough to view many (many!!) of my family photos, so Trin was very familiar to her. We spent a lot of time swimming or getting wet in the sprinkler this Summer, so when I think of her, it's in this little swimsuit. It was so big on her back at Easter time, but she's grown a lot since that time.
This face - it cracks me up. She's got such a strong posture here, sitting in the little purple chair, hands gripping the arms, and then she's got the something-stinks! look on her face. She laughed immediately following this. She seems so self-aware when I have the camera pointed at her. She "models," changing poses and making faces. It's so much fun. She moves quicker than me and many don't turn out, but every "session" is a blast.
Here's an example. Rob, my sister, took this of Trin with her phone. I wrote back saying, "this is a girl who knows her own power."

I think that we all start out that way, but somewhere along the way, many of us lose that sense of power. I know that every once in awhile I glimpse it in myself, but then I make the mistake of listening to that nagging voice of doubt in my head. That voice that tells me that I'm not enough - not smart enough, pretty enough, strong enough, or lovable enough. I need to shut that bitch up.

At work today, I was outside with the kids and I had my little mister going and the kids were telling me stories and I feel like I was exactly where I belonged. I was giving these kids some attention, cooling them off, making sure that they were safe as they played tetherball or chased each other around the playground. It was a good feeling and a great day at work and I was grateful to feel that way.

No comments: