Saturday, August 23, 2008

Friday Night, In the Park

The Shutter Sisters featured a post about the golden light of the early morning and early evening. Sarah and I take a lot of photos together at that time of day. We sit on the patio and I take shot after shot of her doing things like making faces at me or her eating popsicles or her smile, with the light coming through the top of the tree behind her.

I was able to get some shots in this same light when Mom and I took the kids downtown to the concert. Here's Chance, with the sun coming around the corner. This shots were all really dark and I added some fill light to them, so they aren't as sharp as they could be. Chance is such a handsome boy. I was looking at Rob's photos of the first day of school. He's a 6th grader now. I can remember when he was a baby and I got to spend every weekday with him. I loved taking care of him. He liked to be held a lot and to get him to go to sleep, I'd lay down next to him and he'd play with my hair. I'm sure that this made it very hard for Robin to put him down on weekends.

He was also a biter. He was a fan of stuff like fake-barfing. I'm serious - it cracked him up and you know how it is with babies, adults will do anything to get a baby belly laugh. One time I must have been especially good with the fake-barfing because he crawled over and bit me on the leg, then gave me the biggest smile. It makes me laugh to think about it. Spending the days with him, it was wonderful. He was a joy. He still is, only I don't get to see him as much now and he is able to go to sleep by himself now. Hopefully, he's outgrown the biting.
I took this the same day - it's the Senator Theater. Pretty cool old building. I saw "A Walk In the Clouds," there years ago. It was upstairs, I think, because I can remember leaving by the side door - they steered us in that direction - and then I was stuck on this steep metal staircase, leading 3 year-old Bay and carrying 4-year-old Max in his stroller. Tricky climb down. Not from the tower, though. I realize that might be misleading - just from the 2nd story.
Here's another shot from the opposite direction. That's Casey to the side, next to the poles. When I added the fill light to this one, it got little dots on it and I thought that they looked kind of interesting.
This is the last one. It shows that light fairly well. It is really a pretty place to be in the evening. I have no idea who that little girl is, but she looks like she's having a blast.

No comments: