Saturday, August 2, 2008

Leah Came To Visit!

Today, my friend, Leah, came to visit. I talk to her all the time on the computer, but this was the first time I'd seen her in person in about 24 years. We had a good visit - she is very easy to talk to and both my girls really liked her. We laughed a lot and she brought a yummy treat - can't get better than that.


Bay came out and talked to us for awhile and she was so charming that I decided to let her off her grounding. We've had a lot of talks - we are both tired of talking about what led to the grounding and I feel like we finally got some things settled. Ugh. Raising a teenager is so much harder than I ever thought it would be. I'm not sure how my mom lived through it.
Something odd is happening to the spacing on here. When I try to click between the pictures, to start a new paragraph, the stuff I wrote previously appears to have jumped down to a lower picture. I do not know what happens on her sometimes - it's like the composing box likes to mess with my head. And my eyeballs.

Leah is going to take me out for my birthday. I haven't been out to dinner in a long time. I'm trying to talk another friend into coming down and going with us. She lives a couple of hours away, so it's not as easy for her to make it. I hope she can make it. She and Leah were best friends in the 8th grade - I found that out today. I was friends with Leah in the 7th grade and with Jackie, the other friend, in the 12th grade. I found them both through MySpace. How funny is that?
Leah brought photos from our 20th year reunion - it was held in 2004 - and it was fun to see how people had changed. I didn't attend the reunion, but I'm definitely going to attend the next one. I vote for a 25th. Looking at the photos, it dawned on me that it was like looking at a room full of my old classmates parents. When did we all get to be such grown-ups? Weird.
I want to take a nap. I have no energy right now. I'm blaming PMS. I have a lot that needs to be accomplished, but ..........nothing. I've been good at the snaking though. Just finished a bowl of leftover rice and edamame. I would love some ice cream, but that would require putting on my flip flops and going to the store. Too much effort. Sheesh, even these sentences, I'm writing them like one word at a time. And they are boring to read, I'm sure.

No comments: