Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Smells Good?

**edit** I just noticed that I spelled Halloween wrong. How silly of me. hee hee


How was your Halloween? We had a wet-ish one, with very little traffic. Here was our first trick or treater. He kept tipping back, the excitement was a bit much for him. So darn cute. That's the Candy Lady, to the left there. There she is! She's got a bag full of Airheads, gumballs, suckers, and Now and Laters. I was going for cheap candy, because we usually have about 100+ visitors. Unfortunately, the bowl was still almost full at the end of the night. Tons of candy, none of it chocolate. :(
Here's the Candy Lady in her full costume. She was a Masquerade Ball Girl. That hat, it was a last minutes addition. She went to the Halloween party at her Grandma's work and one of the coworkers gave it to her. Score! It's very sturdy, from the Disney shop.


I love Halloween. I have a collection of witch decorations and I used to have them out all year. This year I couldn't find the box that they are stashed in. I cleaned my closet just a little too thoroughly and it's going to take some searching before I find them for next year. I borrowed some of Sarah's pumpkin decorations (I collect witches, she collects pumpkins, Bay collects black cats) to add ambience (and light) to the front porch.


Our neighborhood was full of some really fancy pumpkins - the kind with stenciled on designs. I'm a old school triangular featured, gap-tooth grin pumpkin decorator. I like a big eye, a little eye, and a crooked smile. I want it to look like it's squinting or winking. One of our neighbors put incense in the top of his pumpkins. Our neighborhood smelled fantastic. :D
Speaking of smells........ today marks my first day with The Scented Life. I have my intro post up and I'd love it if you'd stop by. Also, I'd love to share scent stories on there. Do you have a first perfume story or a story of some sort of scent that really means a lot to you? If you do, please leave me a note in the comment section and I will get back to you. Fragrance is such a huge part of our lives - the smell of cookies, the smell of our baby's warm, little heads, or the way it smells when the first few raindrops hit the road - lots of good smells out there.
Well, I'm off to the library with Sarah. I wish you a wonderful day.







5 comments:

SarahHub said...

Happy Halloween!

Askew To You said...

Happy Halloween to you, too. :D

Leah said...

Sarah looked SO cute! I hope y'all had fun!! :)

Homemom3 said...

Looks like ya'll had a great Halloween. Where are the rest of the costumes? :) Sarah looked lovely.

Askew To You said...

Eliza, Sarah was the only one who wore a costume here. I didn't take a picture of me being a cat the day before. I should have, I guess. Max didn't dress up and Bay got ready at her boyfriend's house. Well, I helped with her make-up, but didn't see her all done.