Saturday, September 13, 2008

Party Day

Big party in my neighborhood today. I have so many pictures that it's going to take me quite a few days to share them all. Our apartment management throws a tenet appreciation day once a year. They go all out and this year was even out-ier. They had two bounce houses, another bounce house/slip-n-slide combo, a clown who painted faces and did balloon animals, a bbq, a DJ, games for the kids, a raffle with seriously cool and useful prizes, a dunk tank, cotton candy, and snow cones.

Here's my pal, Karlee, who you may have seen in kitty face before, back when we went to the ballgame last June. This face, I can't help but smile when I look at it.
Here's the clown who did the face painting. She's working on Alana here. I'm not a fan of clowns. I think that they are creeping and I don't get the appeal of a painted on face that looks like a scary monster. This clown, she was nothing like that. She was so darn cute. She reminded me of Rainbow Brite.
See what I mean? Mom took her card and she's going to recommend her for the functions they do for the kids at her work. This is the first time in 10 years that we did not have the same male clown. I'm worried about that, worried that means that maybe he's not doing well. He was such a nice guy. Same creepy make-up as the other clowns, but a sweet man underneath it.
My friend, Natalie, had a baby girl a couple of months ago. Her name is Gabriella. Isn't she pretty? Her big sister, Kayla, is right behind her.
Zac came over for the day to hang out with Sarah and Karlee at the party. The kids had such a great time. Sarah brought me one of these snow cones. Yum.
In closing I want to share a funny Sarah story. Last night, after dinner, she popped up from the table and ran over to grab my keys off the key hook. "I'm going to the mall," she announced. She took a few steps to the door, then said, "No, not really. Everybody knows that I can't park."

Park? She can't park. I wasn't aware that she could drive either. She so cracks me up.

No comments: