Saturday, July 19, 2008

Saturday - Empty Headed Afternoon

Sarah and I are hanging out on the couch watching a Pokemon movie. Have you ever watched Pokemon? It is a very complex world with a long list of characters inhabiting it. And they change, they "evolve." Uh oh, Sarah just saw the picture I used of her and she's not pleased. I love it.

I got a new job offer last night and I've been checking and rechecking my email watching for the contract. I will be writing a dating column. Bay doesn't think that this is a good idea. She started teasing me about how a few years back, I took Sarah on a date with me (we went for a hike) and another time I called a guy and said I couldn't make it because my son was ill when he wasn't, but later he ended up being VERY ill and barfing. I used to date, though, and I read a lot about relationships and I am IN a relationship, so I feel qualified to write on the subject.

When I told Mom, she said, "Oh, I was hoping that meant I could drag you out to meet people with me." Nope, she's going to have to do that on her own or with her single friend.

When I told Steve about the job, he didn't really have anything to say. I don't know why that is. Maybe he's not interested or maybe he was distracted when I told him. He has been working very, very long days, and then he goes home and takes care of his big kids, so I know he's got to be tired. I haven't told him that I started a food blog. He is a little bit of a food snob, so I'm hesitant to share it with him.


I feel like I need a nap.... and a break from these cartoons. Maybe a swim would wake me up.
Did you notice that I lost my steam and I'm just writing a sentence here and there to fill in the area around these photos that I already downloaded?

What I would really, really like to do is to grab my camera, get in the car, and drive around until I find something that I'd like to shoot. Something different. An old building or ....... something that I've never thought of shooting before.

Okay, that's it, I'm officially out of ideas for this entry.

I hope that you are enjoying your weekend.

2 comments:

maryt/theteach said...

Great shots! Very effective! And yes that PH photo is part of the graffiti done on that warehouse in Long Island City. :)

Askew To You said...

I thought so - that looked like the artist that you showed. Thanks. :D