Sunday, June 14, 2009

TGIO - Thank Goodness It's Over

This post brought to you by Max's sweet little feet. How cute are they? He is the only teenage boy in the world who never has stinky feet. My weekend was.... on the exhausting side. I have some things to figure out, but I feel like it's going to work out okay. I am trying to keep a level head, think it through with my brain and not my heart. These are not always easy things for me to do. I'm a go-with-the-gut kind of girl. My gut is just saying, "Ouch. I hurt. Stop stressing."

I did a bunch of baking and cooking today. A lot of fun. I couldn't do my work for awhile, there was a problem with whatever allows us to put up photos. In the long run, it worked out well because I had time to do fun stuff. I made up a cookie recipe and a granola recipe. Both are good. I love granola. It's so pricey though. Have you ever noticed that?

I put some organic fertilizer out yesterday. It smelled like cow poop. The kind that I remember from when I was a kid and cows were still allowed to eat grass. These days, you drive by a stock yard and about pass out from the stench because they feed them things like rendered animals. It's not natural and the smell that comes out of them is the most basic proof of that. Poor cows.

We used to use cowpies for bases when we played kickball. The old dried out ones, not the warm and juicy ones. Eww. I can also remember my sister and I throwing it at each other.

That was so much fun, moving from the city to the country. Absolutely the very best decision my mom ever made. Thank you, Mom. I love you.

My beautiful sister got bit by a dog last night. On the face. Mom called and told me today and I'm afraid I fell apart. (I'm so sorry, Mom!!!). It happened when she was petting the dog and then she laughed. She thinks that she startled it. I kept picturing my beautiful sister laughing her wonderful laugh, her hand on the dog, and then the horror of the bite.

She had to have 14 stitches and 12 shots. She sent me a photo on the phone and it's on her chin, down below the corner of her mouth, a crescent shape of swollen stitches. Damn.

I usually do not say this, but I am very glad that this weekend is over. Now, I'm going to give Max his medicine. Goodnight.

2 comments:

Homemom3 said...

So sorry you are feeling down but it does sound like the baking was a great thing. Look forward to reading more recipes then. Hmmm, got any for small (grape-like) tomatoes? We are doing a party today so will be baking all types of things. Hope your heart and mind don't complicate things too much for ya, I know what ya mean. Hope your sister heals quickly, I'm just picturing that now. OUCH.

Askew To You said...

Eliza, did you see all the recipes they sent for you? Those cooking girls are some good girls. :)

I hope you enjoy your party today!!