Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Midday Float With Polliwogs


We had Ashlee over for a sleepover. We took a midday break and headed over to the creek for a picnic, a float, and some polliwogging. See the polliwogs above. That is one big one in each container. They were HUGE.
Here's the floating part of the day..........
Bay used the time to catch up on phone calls.

The cousins had fun. Sarah walked all over holding Ashlee's hand because the rocks were slippery.



It was nice at the park, but it was full of camp kids, so a little loud. When we walked up and saw them, I could see Bailey visibly stiffen. Teenagers are not fans of large groups of unruly kids. One little boy, named August, kept getting the numbers. As in, "August, I'm going to count to 5. 1, 2, 3, 4, ....4.5, ......4.75....." I explained to the girls that nobody wants to get to 5.


Time to head for home. I said, "Girls, hurry! We have to be back in time for Max's bus!" And they kept struggling, trying to paddle their way over to me. I said, "Stand up," and this was right after that. Very shallow. You don't need a lot of water to get a good float.








3 comments:

Driftwood and Pumpkin said...

:0) I was wondering why they didn't just walk to you! Looks like a great day. Fun and sun. It has been very cool and damp here, so no floating for us right now :0(

Askew To You said...

The weather has been way milder than usual here, too. Today was the first hot day.

Those girls had a blast. I love that creek. We are so lucky to have our wonderful park. :)

Thanks for reading and I wish you some sun and fun very soon!!

Homemom3 said...

Oh wow I thought the water was going to be deep. hehe. It does look relaxing though. That is one large polliwog. Did ya'll keep them?