Sunday, June 7, 2009

Odd Weekend

I had an odd weekend.

A very sad thing happened to a neighbor whose apartment is across from me. (Note, if you read the story that is linked here, it is not completely correct - the man was not being evicted, he gave notice a week ago and I am afraid the eviction story was neighborhood gossip).

And I generally felt sorry for myself because I miss my boyfriend. (He asked me what "think-y" meant). So, in an effort to brighten my outlook, I'm going to share some photos of my wonderful nephew, Hayden. Hayden, who turned one last month, is a smiley guy. He is a warm, little soul and I am very lucky that I get to be his Aunt. Below see Hayden chasing a big pink ball. He is a natural athlete as you can see by the pride on the face of his Grandma Sandy. Go, Hayden! Go!
Hayden enjoyed taking the bubble wands apart. I appreciate a kid who has his own way of doing things. Check out those cheeks. I can tell you that they are sweet and smoochable. (Oh my goodness, he is just so cute).


He has some pretty good motor skills. It's not easy to pick up and hold three wands in a hand that size. I wish I could remember how he did it. I like how the free hand is helping the holding hand - see those fingers in action?

There he goes with the pink ball again. A boy needs to play. Thanks for visiting Hayden and me. I hope that you enjoyed your weekend.








2 comments:

Driftwood and Pumpkin said...

He is adorable! Something about being around a young child's innocence is so warming.

Homemom3 said...

what a cutie. Thanks for the pics I love seeing kids exploring the outdoors and new things. That is neat seeing his other hand doing the balancing act.