Friday, February 6, 2009

National Wear Red Day

It was party day in Sarah's class! Woo hoo! What do you think of her tasty jewel? Here's some of her loot. Lots of SpongeBob in there. Is SpongeBob the acceptable cartoon for 5th graders? Can you read that SpongeBob card? It says that it's from "Yo." Silly kid. That cracks me up. She got a lot of candy, including big Smarties. Have you seen those? Part of the reason that I like Smarties is because they are small. Why mess with a good thing?
Below are our National Wear Red Day outfits. When I put on the shirt that I planned to wear, I noticed that the shirt's sleeves were ripped. Darn! So, I had to wear a tank top, which was covered by a hoodie at work.
We had rainy day recess today and the last recess kicked my ass. I got upset, which doesn't happen there very often, but sometimes, as I've mentioned, the kids are cruel to each other and it bothers me. A lot. One boy, Cyrus is a large boy, very tall, but he's very gentle and soft-hearted. His family is Samoan and they are all very tall. Cyrus has been my height (5'4") since he was in the 2nd grade - he's in the 4th grade now. Today was his birthday and he was very excited, but that didn't last long. I stopped to tie a little kid's shoe and in the time it took me to do that, an older child pushed him down and kicked him in front of a big group. No one in the group helped him. I took their ball away, because we have a strict no-bullying policy at our school, and the kids would come up over and over and tell me lies or basic BS trying to get that ball back. I'm so tired of children looking me in the eye and lying to me.
I was so stressed out that I felt like I was going to throw up for the rest of the afternoon. I usually love my job, but sometimes I hate it. Today was a hate day. I blame the Valentine's Day candy.


Here's Sarah in her red. She's so cute. She loves this new top. It has a girlie looking skull on the front side, but her long hair is covering it up.


We just got back from Sarah's basketball practice. She is improving so much. I probably say that all the time, don't I? I'm very proud of her.
Bay and Greg are at a Chili Cookoff. I wish that they were home, in the next room, because this week wore me out and I'd love to go to bed early.
I wish you a wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

Leah said...

The pic of you is so pretty! Red is a good color for you. :)

Askew To You said...

Thanks Leah. I edited the picture a bit - game myself some warmth and a touch of "glow." Hee hee