Sunday, January 3, 2010

Head and Heart


Today I was driving along, mid-errand, when one of John Mayer's new songs, called The Edge of Desire came on. I am a big John Mayer fan. I even have him as one of my Twitter contacts. (Is that weird?) Sometimes he will Tweet the dorkiest things and I end up shaking my head, because he sounds like such a douche. Still, I am a fan. I'm not perfect, so I do not expect perfection from the people whose work I admire either. I can be a douche myself and my jokes are frequently inappropriate. (Ask Bay, she'll back me up there).


Anyway....I'm driving along and I hear the words, "I want you so bad, I'll go back on the things I believe..." Yeah. I've been feeling that way lately. That darn John, the non-douche-y one, he really speaks my mind much better than I can at times. Another one..."When you're dreaming with a broken heart, then waking up is the hardest part, You roll outta bed and down on your knees, And for a moment you can hardly believe..." (John and I, a bit on the drama queen side. Could you tell?)


Sometimes I think with my head and sometimes I think with my heart. Head is smarter, but Heart finds it impossible to let go and damn, that Heart has a grip you would not believe. It's an epic struggle. Heart keeps saying, wait a minute, this is what I need. Head tries to explain, honey, don't you remember how much that hurt before? (That Head, always tries to be gentle with Heart, even when Heart's behavior is frustrating).


Head is leading right now, in charge temporarily, but Heart isn't worried. Heart is waiting quietly, because as I explained before, that grip is strong and not going to loosen any time soon (or ever). Even Head knows we'll get it right one day. Head is no idiot. Heart is wise in her own way. Just wait it out.<.p>

Yep, I agree with you, Reader. It's possible that I've lost my mind. I think I need chocolate.

No comments: