Monday, November 2, 2009

It's Time To Be SuperMom


I don't claim to be good at many things. There is, however, one area in which I am very skilled. When something - a way of life, a job, an event, a relationship, whatever - is not working, I stop and re-evaluate the situation. I look at other possible options, some of these options are not options that most people would consider, but I gave up on having a "normal life" long ago. I chose a new direction and I get going again. The one aspect of my personality that I am proud of - I'm creative.


I don't like to think of anything as a failure and if you find a way to do something that is different or better, then there is no failure. Doing it better is success.


I don't get to that point easily, the re-assess point. I'm what my good friend, Jackie, calls a fence sitter in many ways. I hang on and hang on and try to fit the square peg into the round hole until that moment arrives when I realize that it will never fit, because it's not supposed to fit. When I decide it's time to move on, when I get to that a-ha! moment, I feel so at peace. Everything leading up to that moment might be full of freak-outs and stress, but once I recognize that there can be another way, I'm good.


I hit that realization, that moment when I threw up my hands and said, nope, not going to work, with one of my kids today. No, I'm not saying she doesn't fit me, that she doesn't work. I'm saying that I've been pushing her to finish something in a way that has not worked for years. Duh, mom. Time to re-evaluate and move in a different direction.


This morning I'm going to look at some options, I'm going to find a way to get it all back on track. I'm feeling a little like SuperMom ...........

1 comment:

Julie Beisenherz said...

I love this post. Job well done! Your enthusiasm is refreshing and I like the focus on the now...