Monday, October 11, 2010

I Love Camping

The girls and I went bear hunting this weekend.

Well, I think it was bear hunting. There was a lot of talk of bear poop (full of berries), bear tracks (an area that looks like some body or some thing slid down the hill on it's bottom), and driving around packed into my boyfriend's truck (he's cute and charming, I enjoy being smooshed up next to him). The hounds took off a couple of times... have you ever heard them before? Sounds pretty. I didn't see any bears, but Bay might have. I enjoyed every minute of it.



We camped by a pretty creek, went to sleep listening to the sound of it every night. Saturday night we spread out on the road, flat on our backs, looking up at the stars. There were so many, more than I've ever seen before.

We ate clam dip and chips for breakfast one morning and hot dogs and marshmallows cooked over the fire for dinner.

We listened to my boyfriend tell stories and make up songs and point out places along the river where people planted pretty little pot gardens next to their vegetables and old rusted appliances.

It was so much fun. I can't wait to go again. I love camping.

4 comments:

Homemom3 said...

Sounds like ya'll had a blast and a great tour guide. :) hehe. I grew up camping and miss it terribly. I can't wait until winter passes and I can take the kids camping. :)

Unknown said...

I haven't been camping in so long! I'm definitely going to have to push for a trip next summer!

Cherie Burbach said...

I love the pics. The doggie pic is sa-weet. I love your pictures so much, I learn a lot just seeing how you view the world through the camera.

So glad you had a great weekend. I have to say camping is one thing we don't have in common. I like to camp in hotel rooms. :)

Askew To You said...

Homemom3, we so did have a blast! We lived out out at a lake when I was a kid, so even when we weren't actually camping, we still had the daily hiking and hanging part of camping to enjoy.

CAPow, I hope you get time to camp next Summer.... or before. :)

Cherie, we have enough other things in common - we can skip camping together. :) Thank you for your picture comment. I went back through my photos with my friend, Leah, last night and they are heavy on the creek and the dogs. Ha! I'm still determined to get a good one of Dallas. She's a wiggler, so it's a challenge - such a beauty, though.