Monday, February 15, 2010

Home Again

I am back home after spending the weekend with my sister's family in Southern California. I had a fun, but super-short trip. While I was there, I ran a 5K with my sister, well I walked part of it, I had the hardest time running and I shot some photos of the kids. Chance, above, is the boy walking along the creek in my header photo. He's about 3 and a half years older now.
I sat out back with Trinity and Casey for awhile. Casey used the camera to shoot the plants and later the dogs. It was fun to explain my limited knowledge of the camera to him. Casey had a basketball game and a baseball practice while I was there. That kid's body has changed so much since the Summer. He's grown solid and muscular.


I love his freckles.


Trin was climbing around the outdoor bar when I took this one. She had a bunch of those candy Valentines, the type with the packets of sugary candy and you stick a candle stick into them. Her eyes are the same color as Mom, Robin, Sarah, and me. We have Grandpa Harold's eyes. I miss my Grandpa.


I've got so much to do - work to catch up on, brunch to cook, unpacking...... I just want to be lazy and read my book, watch my Supernatural rerun. I need to get to the grocery store and stock up on vegetables, because we ate so much junk food while spending 12+ hours in the car. Chips, cornuts, Diet Coke, Diet Coke, Diet Coke.....ugh. I think I'm going to rest for just a little bit longer.


No comments: