Monday, May 4, 2009

Kitty Made Me Cry

This is a sweet potato sprout. Did you recognize it? We used to grow these in jars of water on the countertop when I was a kid. Mom thinks it will grow, so I stuck it in the soil today and I'll let you know. It sure grew great where it was sitting on the microwave. My tomatoes are starting to do their thing. The cherry tomato has little green tomatoes on it. One of the squash plants is getting big. I don't know which one it is. Ooops. Guess I'll figure out when the vegetables show up.
I'm adding dill to my herb garden. I think I need it for salads. Or something.....okay, I just thought it was pretty. So lacey.

These are the seeds that I planted today, but I couldn't plant them in the GroGood planters because they are marked, "Not for food, ornamental only." I wonder how many of those no-food planters they mailed out for the program?
I moved some stuff around and planted the seeds into a big plastic pot. I have no idea how they will do there. It's deeper than the GroGood planters, so they should be fine. I've never grown radishes before. Teeny-tiny little seeds.



I feel very odd right now. Sort of brittle or fragile. Mark wants me to promise to go to bed by 11, but that's the plan for every night and every night something comes up, something needs to get taken care of.
A little bit ago, Kitty jumped into the air - just straight in the air - and did this sort of turn. I think she was going to jump onto the lamp table, but my Diet Coke and ice water were in the way. It was so funny, so silly, that I started laughing, but I could feel it turning into something else. I felt like I was going to sob and I started to cry a little. I could see that it was freaking Greg out - he's sitting with the kid's computer filling out online job apps - and his eyes got really, really big. Still, I could not stop laughing, I kept seeing her little body jumping into the air again and again. Even now, 20 minutes or more later, I can feel that it could happen again.
Mom used to do that. She still does it sometimes. Just laughs and laughs and can't stop. Is she tired? Is she feeling brittle and maybe a little overwhelmed?
Something has to shift, but I'm not sure what. I'll figure it out.
Okay, now I'm off to get Bay.

No comments: